The key reason that differentiates a Shopify developer from other e-commerce website designers is the capacity to provide a narrow specialty in a worldwide e-commerce platform that can stand and effectively perform on its own, as well as be integrated with other CMS.
Shopify Benefits You Can Ask from Your Developer
Shopify keeps happy modern shoppers that want impeccably performing, quick-loading, and optimized websites.
That doesn’t mean that level of performance is not impossible with other online retail shopping systems. But with Shopify you also get:
- Fresh level of customer support
- Hardworking community of specialized Shopify developers
- Rich marketing tools, and
- Visually appealing, business-specific themes.
This helps you run a large online store and multiply conversions easier than usual.
Since Shopify integrates multiple payment processors, you can hire a team of freelance Shopify developers and run a global business. And you can do this without many of the typical headaches that accompany a company that is interested in beyond-border expansion.
Common Shopify Development Challenges for E-Commerce Platforms
Building an online shop from scratch or perking up what you already have is never easy. You face substantial challenges:
- To add new features to an existing Shopify store, you need concrete insights into Shopify development. They must relate to the website in question.
- Migrating your e-commerce store to Shopify is easier said than done without any prior experience. There are quirks only an experienced Shopify developer can help you with.
- Will you hire one Shopify web designer to work on a captivating website and another Shopify expert to handle the challenging backend work? What about smaller bits such as SEO, security, and maintenance? Will a large support team of freelance Shopify developers be a major toll on your resources?
- You have to sign wholesale contracts, source products, and arrange shipping, and manage inventory and deliveries.
- On top of everything, you must maintain top-notch customer satisfaction. Filling out all these roles for an e-commerce platform on your own can be taxing.
Before you venture into hiring a team of Shopify experts, it is worth knowing more about Shopify development and whether it is right for your business. Doing this in the right way can help you cut down significant e-commerce development costs.
What Does a Shopify Developer Do?
A Shopify developer is a coding expert with unique insights specialized in working with Shopify stores. The level of specialization and skills helps them get noticed among other e-commerce developers that don’t share the same experience.
Shopify developer freelancers frequently work remotely. They have an additional advantage of working with clients globally. Thus, they understand the challenges of specific regional markets. A Shopify expert worth hiring needs to:
- Have deep knowledge of working with the platform APIs.
- Use version control for Shopify theme development.
- Possess excellent soft skills, such as communication and teamwork.
- Have an extensive portfolio and testimonials of happy clients.
Another benefit of working with a freelance Shopify developer is the possibility to target specific Shopify dev skills. With specialized hiring, you can charge for website improvements by the hour or by the project.
For example, certain developers will dedicate many hours to learn core skills. Others will specifically learn Shopify App Store features or e-commerce optimization. Many open Shopify partner accounts and work alongside designers and merchants by contributing to the Shopify App Store.
Because this platform continually grows it’s not easy to keep pace unless you are an active part of the community. If you have someone on your team, it can be expensive to train them in Shopify in a short time. It is more affordable to get exactly the expert you need for exactly the amount of work you need to be completed.
How to Become a Shopify Developer?
- Follow Shopify development tools and tutorials
- Attend industry webinars, virtual meetups, and events
- Network to build connections
- Share knowledge with the others in the community
Now is the best time to start as a freelancer and offer your Shopify web design skills to a global market. Here is why:
Shopify is a huge platform. It takes a lot of effort to build a name and become an expert in the field. Therefore, if your intention is to garner new revenue by building a new Shopify store or add features to your existing store, you need all the help you can from someone who knows the shortest and easiest path to increase conversion rates.
How to Save on Hidden E-commerce Costs with Freelance Shopify Developers
One downside of hiring Shopify experts is that it can be costly. Certain expenses are invisible and cannot be perfectly planned.
Sometimes, you end up adding features you don’t need because of poor communication with the Shopify developer or simply because you don’t have the time to manage the excessive work that follows revamping an online store.
Occasionally, you don’t only need web development skills. You also require:
- SEO expertise.
- Graphic design tools.
- Marketing strategists.
- Blogging services.
Most teams of Shopify developers don’t provide a full scope of website development, maintenance, and support.
Oftentimes, you spend weeks on consultations. You don’t have clearly defined project requirements. Such mistakes can create unnecessary risks and expenses for a growing online business.
When you transform these risks and expenses into numbers and results visible from an e-commerce dashboard, it is clear that it’s not easy to eliminate bottlenecks that drain your resources.
How can you set up a complete system for running a webshop? There is a way to increase user numbers, sessions, transactions, and campaign revenue by hiring Shopify developer freelancers.
How Lizza Did It: Inspired by a Success Story
A major success story for Flash Hub is Lizza, the popular German seller of tasty low-carb dishes. Lizza used the freelance Shopify development assistance by Flash Hub, with a stunning 717% increase in sales attributed to marketing. We worked alongside Lizza’s team as a trusted e-commerce partner by providing Shopify platform experts, tools, and workflows to grow a successful website with a simple yet delightful online shop.
Interested in Shopify Development?
The help of a partner that works side by side with you as you take all Shopify development steps includes:
- Clearly defining project requirements to avoid excessive consultation costs.
- Finding freelance Shopify developers with the skills to execute defined project tasks.
- Assigning roles with correct role clarity. Roles should ideally encompass no more and no less than the perfect match for the project.
- Establishing communication, collaboration, and project management workflows.
- Setting up virtual cloud tools to jumpstart projects in days. (This can sometimes happen in less than 24 hours).
- Maintaining a continuous feedback system to manage and lead your team. The purpose is to grow your Shopify store with a balanced investment.
Expand your leadership skills by adding solution-focused leadership and coaching to your team of Shopify developers, watch the video below:
Learn to grow and scale your business with virtual teams and global freelancers with our FREE Virtual Team Starter Pack!