Due to the giant change accompanying digital transformation strategy examples in the real world, most managers are unprepared to refresh theirs for the new work.
A business strategy that relies on processes happening on a computer screen can be intimidating.
When your team members show up as virtual profiles or via Zoom calls, work can be tiresome, frustrating, and ineffective. It doesn’t take long for a small wrong move to turn into a major loss.
You can transform digital work with virtual teams.
The Pain-free Digital Transformation Strategy
Your business strategy generates the main framework for your business. As a leader, you need to harness a general strategic approach. But the big picture still consists of thousands of small actions and decisions you make daily.
To translate the core business framework into a virtual world you have to ensure the smooth implementation of your business’s digital transformation strategy.
The painless way to transform your business for the digital world is by sourcing, recruiting, and setting up a virtual team that you can scale as needed.
In this way, you take a huge step into digitalization. And you make it so seamless that your business’s core processes run by themselves.
In fact, with a specific leadership and management approach, virtual teams outperform alternative collaboration models that share the same office.
How to Gain Lost Control Over Your Business
You wouldn’t have thought of implementing a new strategy if you hadn’t lost control of your current business model.
You’re either losing profits now or the possibility of loss is lurking behind the corner.
This is especially true if you don’t have the means to organize, monitor, and manage an online business that, until recently, you had under control in the constraints of your local office.
You have to build a new digital skeleton for your business that must regain control of what now seems it is missing. Build the right bridges by connecting the right dots on the new digital map for your business.
Such strong connections are made by understanding the four basic elements of any digital transformation strategy.
The Four Pillars of Digital Transformation
A rock-solid transformation strategy links four key elements:
- Business — also called Business Model Transformation.
- Information—also called Information Ecosystem Transformation.
- Technology—typically equated with the narrow definition of Digital Transformation.
- Human capital—also known as Human Capital Management.
These four transformation pillars create actionable intelligence in an innovative strategic context that creates the roadmap to your future business goals.
1. Business Model Transformation
How you make money and bring value to the world will inevitably change when you digitally transform your business.
The change is unpleasant and disruptive, but also an opportunity for growth. You need to adopt a new business model by changing your mindset, making small improvements, and embedding innovation. You don’t need to pay expensive consulting fees to do that – there is a way to scale expert advice by onboarding a Business Analyst on your new virtual team.
2. Information Ecosystem Transformation
It starts with reinvented information management but transforming your information ecosystem also requires:
- Capturing information coming from multiple channels
- Setting up new information systems and processes
- Information classification
- Data migration
- Implementing a new CMS
The work on the information ecosystem transformation is mainly technical. However, it also encapsulates knowledge about business agility, operational excellence, and compliance. You need to be able to pull all those threads together and create a net that will foster information in a cost-effective way.
3. Digital Transformation and Technology
Technologies must not only replace but also improve existing business services. That is the minimum expectation of your customers. On the other hand, leaders are becoming disillusioned by the possibilities of technology in digital transformation. Not all change is positive. Therefore, you need to know how to use technology in small bites or agile work:
- Test what works in short cycles.
- Gain feedback.
- Rework by implementing that feedback into the next cycle.
The agile method originated for software development virtual teams but you can easily adjust it for most project management tools.
4. Human Capital Management
You can expand your human capital beyond local borders. Compiling a virtual team, you can hire remote developers or freelance designers, or outsource customer service.
Virtual teams are also known as remote teams or geographically dispersed teams. They have to collaborate, communicate, generate ideas, and work as a team, based on something else instead of relying on physical proximity.
The least you need to do to run a virtual office is to assign a shared online space which includes:
- Collaboration platform
- Communication channels
- Information sharing depository
- Finance management
- Project management
But biggest problems arise when it comes to managing this big ball of threads that are created by linking people, systems, and processes into a digitally transformed business.
Once you have established future goals, you don’t have to be too farsighted to conclude the next logical step. That is assembling a team that will help you accomplish them.
People that know how to expertly use innovative technologies are the shortest and fastest way to building your new business bridges in a virtual team.
Business, Information, Technologies, and Human Capital in a Virtual Team
It is next to impossible to stay away from the virtual world in today’s business: it’s a necessity because of:
- Business competitiveness that trespasses local markets
- Global talent pool with geographical, cultural, and language barriers
- Service-based business models with a strong focus on customer delight
- Emergence of automation software that, for example, can:
- Run e-commerce stores away from traditional brick-and-mortar shops with sales assistants
- Handle customer requests with a chatbot service
- Generate sales leads by intelligently analyzing customer demographics instead of relying on neighborly word-of-mouth
- Unprecedented crisis, caused by uncontrollable challenges (health, for example).
- Social change leads to Industry 4.0, characterized by the application of smart technologies on real-time data.
But even if you are far ahead in making information technologies your friend, technological change is fast-paced.
It’s a struggle to keep up with things as they progress.
Scale with Flash Virtual Teams
Staying on top of a successful digital transformation strategy requires expert help.
You need to have top talent, at a competitive price, ready to take on your business challenges as soon as they arise and solve it successfully without causing needless costs.
We link business, information, technology, and human capital in flash virtual teams.
- Flash virtual teams are based on a dynamic relationship hierarchy model that outperforms conventional organizations.
- Including the Virtual-Teams-as-a-Service concept, flash teams perform by using the agile project management method.
- Virtual team members collaborate remotely via firmly established processes and workflows that provide business structure yet remain flexible and scalable enough not to cause hard hits to a carefully managed budget.
It took a hard hit that pulled the rug out from under Flash Hub’s team to implement a successful digital transformation strategy with virtual teams of experts.
Learn to grow and scale your business with virtual teams and global freelancers with our FREE Virtual Team Starter Pack!